chest idea

The server was closed on April 2nd, 2023
https://pwmirage.com/forum/thread/342-we-are-closing/
  • So perfect world has lots of random chests randomly around the map. Almost all of them require a key to open them, which normally you can't get ingame. Typically the chests give random crap (ex. http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mine/4308)

my idea is to take all these chests and edit what they give. Was thinking leveled shards, mats and maybe refine orbs. To make this work smoothly the repspawn rate of the chest would need to be short and the limiting factor would be how many keys you get. This can be done with quests or maybe having vote tokens make them only. I think this would help create more variety on how to get select items and getting the chests could be somewhat difficult. some of the higher end chests are only in FB caves on alternate routes.

• I love the idea! This must definitely happen.

We have to keep in mind there might be alts and possible ways to abuse those chests. I see a few possibilities:

a) we make the rewards mediocre and give the keys on daily basis (e.g. as vote rewards)

upsides:

* the reward is nothing special, so there's not much point in farming chests with alts

downsides:

* still, we must say in the rules that using alts is forbidden here, but how do we do it concisely? 1 chest per person per day? What if someone noticed some random chest on his alt. Should he pass? This is silly.

b) we make the reward cool, and give the keys on special occasions / make them farmable

upsides:

* the rewards can be good this time -> there are more possibilities on what to put there

downsides:

* need to figure out where exactly those keys should come from

I can make the chests respawn with random intervals using some automated scripts.

• make the key available as a reward from a daily quest perhaps? BH or custom quest comes to mind. That then limits it to 1 per character per day. Another thought is to make whatever is recovered from the chest (as well as the keys) character bound -- which then takes away the "potential" for alt farming. The toon that gets the key and farms the chest is the only one that can use the item.

• that's an idea - although if the key is farmable from a daily quest like BH, then the chest needs to respawn very frequently for everyone to be able to open it. Otherwise ppl will end up with a stockpile of unused keys, which is not ideal.

Maybe a weekly quest + events?

We can make the items from chest character bound, but then what will be left to trade? ;)

• Here is something that i am thinking we do for the chests
    What chests there are...

Nanmuwood Chest
    Locations- World Map 244,413|453,619|501,939
    No key is required to open
    Guarded by 6 bloodlusted tulips (lv15 wood mob)

Iron chest
    Locations- World Map 383,857|480,757|584,507 Secret Passage 398,550|414,550|423,532| 433 533
    Iron key for opening
    guarded by varying levels of mobs lv20~40

Bronze chest
    This one does not normally spawn or have a key requirement. The key however does exist so this would be used as a tier 3 chest

Silver Chest
    This one does not normally spawn, it does have a Silver Key requirement. possible tier 4 chest

Gold Chest
    Locations- World Map 107,469|333,582| 450,314| Cave of Sadistic Glee 399,553
    Gold Key is needed to open
    Guarded by mobs of all levels

Platinum Chest
    This one does not normally spawn. Platinum key requirement to open. Possibile tier 6 chest

Diamond Chest
    This one does not normally spawn, diamond key to open. possible tier 7 chest

Perfect Chest|Glacial Chest|Sandstorm Chest|Celestial Chest|Demonic Chest
    none normally spawn, all require a key
    Ideally chests would follow a pattern like such
    Garnet Shard
    Sapphire Shard
    Amber Shard
    Citrine Shard
    Gold foil item (this will be to npc for coins)
    Wood mat (rough lumber)
    Ore mat (HC steel)
    Stone mat (gravel)
    Coal mat (coal)
    Glue mat
    Fur mat
    Thread mat
    Oil mat
    Charms
    GA scrolls/Teleport items/Eso

Shards will correspond to the level area that the chest would be in and how difficult mining it/getting a key is.
    Mats would be in amounts of 10/20/30, increasing based off level of chest
    Higher grade chests could contain things like custom tokens

To make this idea work we would need to spawn more chests, ideally in fb caves. A short respawn time is also needed.
    Quests can be made to get keys. To prevent alt abuse we can make it so only vote tokens make keys or a "solo kill quest" is required to get a key. However i think it would be best done as a sqaud, so maybe having bosses give the keys could be possible in some form.