Posts by aeerg

The server was closed on April 2nd, 2023
https://pwmirage.com/forum/thread/342-we-are-closing/

lostbunnie any decision on the requests to allow squad mode to be opened with 3 people vs 4? Just wondering.

I ran TT to get tokens for some chars that will soon be level 80. Out of 4 runs I got 1 mat worth 13 tokens and 5 klunky swords. I need 1424 tokens to make two sets of gear. At the rate I experienced today it will take 400+ runs. I am hoping this was just an anomaly and drops will be better next time I am able to do some runs.

I was able to get the tokens needed for the two pieces of level 90 gear another toon needed, from a higher level TT.

4) 7 of the same mold in 21+ runs so roughly 1 mold in 3 runs I guess you could call that a "good drop rate"! I never said it was the games fault - in fact I think I said exactly the opposite! Yes, it is an mmoprg but with the sparse population of this particular server I think some concessions could be made for solo players.

5) So you agree warsoul weapons are not an option even though they are technically available/farmable from the npc on the platform. Message you in game? when do you play, server time? I am on between 1:30AM and 2 to 2:30AM, I am in the USA and usually get on before I go to work. Sundays and Mondays are the exception.

I am gonna have to see if I need any molds that are available with chips or just stick to TT gear until I can get Diety gear.

thank you all for your opinions.

1) I guess I should have been more specific - the primary reason for including that request was because sometimes, if a toon hasn't farmed it would be nice to be able to use the teleport from city to city rather than use telestones. BUT it is NOT a high priority. I cam curious what happens to those coins, do they go to the server? factions? core? GMs?

2) Farming 8 to 10 items vs 3 to 6 is the difference between taking 2 hours to farm 200 mats or 45 minutes! What does it matter? If someone only has an hour or two to play I am pretty sure farming is gonna be very low on their priorities and they will end up flying to their destination, further reducing the need for the ability to craft telestones.

3) Thanks for agreeing with me on this one :thumbup:

4) as teteuzos pointed out the chip rate is a struggle because of the low population. Unless you are expecting a huge increase soon I don't see this struggle resolving itself any time soon. I am not sure what teteuzos meant by "Molds have a good drop rate, and with more people playing it will be easy to come by." Good drop rate? In whose imagination? I have run the, at level for my toons, dungeons MANY time and get the same molds over and over, not consistently or regularly but enough that I have sold probably 5 to 7 of the same mold that I can't use. With more people playing?? When are these more people playing?

"Had to restart Cube to maximize ships for the day"? and how many chips did you get? How many runs will it take to get 788 chips for ONE mat for better gear? I have tried Cube many times and got maybe 1% exp, spent millions of coins (for items needed), for ZERO chips or useful items. Is it a glitch? Am I doing it wrong? idk - I applaud those that can and do run CoF I don't it is a waste of my time and energy!

thank you lostbunnie for your response.

5) the token trade up, available for TT mats, could just as easily be abused as the increased drop rate of lunar mats. Those that can run the instances quickly are already able to get far more mats than us slow people. For example, there was a blademaster I heard of, not sure of the name, that could run Lunar in 15 to 20 minutes, while it takes me an hour and a half to do a full run. However, with the low population the abuse would probably be limited to being able to quickly get gear for their own alts since the player base isn't there to sell the mats to other players at exorbitant prices.

Some QoL changes that would be nice:

1) Reduce price of teleport use, I don't know if there is a purpose to the high teleport use, $3,000 to tele to etherblade from Arch, where do these coins go? Is it something that can be reduced to 100 coins? This is not a high priority since farming and using telestones is not that difficult.

2) Make digging farmed items faster/quicker. Farming is a necessary boring task it would be nice if the digger got 8-10 items per dig and it was nearly instantaneous. Especially since telestones and apoth are really the only two things that need plant digs and mold gear and charms are the main purpose of the rock/metal digs. The chance of abusing this is really low.

3) Implement the pickup all function. This would be awesome, due to the low server population most squads consist of alts of the main char, this would save time for those that still play.

4) Make another way of crafting molds for gear or create another way to craft/get mysterious chips. Some of us don't have the time/desire to run Cube.

Perhaps with the daily pages from the school teacher. Once a toon has the rings, which are quickly replaced with better ones, there is really nothing of value at the school teacher.

5) Increase the drop rate of mats for tokens in Lunar (would be nice but not a high priority) and/or the drops in TT and reduce the squad mode from 4 to 2 or 3. Running single mode is not worth the effort.

I make these suggestions knowing they will probably never be implemented. I understand I have limited time to play and that isn't the fault of the game but I am wondering if it is worth my time to even try. Anyway just my thought and suggestions.

Has anyone else noticed there are several doorways. in west archosaur, the barbarian can't ride a mount through?

The doorway going to the skill trainers, the doors to the blacksmith behind the jewel crafting NPC, the doorway behind the wedding teleporter (by the aerocraft NPC) but a barb can ride through the south door to that area. It's just an annoyance and I was wondering if anyone else noticed this?

The problem is I can't quite tank some of the bosses in squad mode, yet, but as I said before there is usually nobody on when I am playing. Last night earindill?? ( i am sure that is spelled wrong) logged in just as I was finishing my dailies and ready to log off. otherwise it was just me and my cleric, JustnTyme. I am usually on from 10 to 2 or 3 server time - which is 4 to 8 or 9 local time, for me, except on Fridays and Saturdays. - which is usually from reset to 3AM server time.

but yes i will defo make sure before i squad with someone they understand all drops are to be split evenly.

summoning a pet on the third floor has to be inside the room with the boss. killing any adds is a pain but I am getting better at the dual clienting thing and should be able to take my cleric with me to heal until pet can get aggro. however, i am not entirely sure that was a boss on the third floor just a mini boss - imma gonna have to go exploring some more :)

I was soloing TT 3-1 yesterday and discovered my veno could not summon her pet on the third floor. and since i mentioned TT 3-1 is it normal for the bosses to only drop mirages celestones, coins, and stones of the sacred temple in solo mode? I have run 3-1 6 or 8 times and have only had 1 drop worth getting. Makes me wonder if trying to farm TT 90 gear is worth the effort. It takes 2 runs to get enough stones of sacred temple to get 1 token, and the gear requires over 6,000. and forget squad mode tried that and instead of sharing the drops the other person (we both dual cliented) kept the drops/tokens. It could be they didn't understand that it is expected of the squad leader to evenly distribute the drops, but I won't make that mistake again! So that leaves me soloing the first 2 bosses in 3-1 - not worth the effort!

just a thought I know you just adjusted the gear crafting. since the step 3 (i think) to get level 6 is in Immolation/Sirry Wine Camp. Is it possible to make that BS only create the 2 star items and the bs by the forges in Arch and Snowy Village could craft gear similar in quality/stats to TT, Nirvana, or Lunar? Or create an advanced blacksmith to be able to craft TT 100 quality gear.

The reason I ask is because I have been running TT solo and am wondering how long it is gonna take to get the mats to get level 90 gear. Three TT 3-1 runs awarded me with 42 klunky swords, 9 mirages, 19 stone of the sacred temple (I didn't dig all the chests).

Then the prospect of soloing frost cover, Nirvana (not sure this dungeon is available) and/or lunar is daunting.

I know you revamped frost cover, or were working on something in there. but that dungeon with a good squad, used to be 2 to 2 and a half hours to run - it would be an all day project trying it solo, i think.

I am just concerned that if i am not able to farm the mats I won't be able to get the higher level gear. Am I looking at a dead end, as far as gear goes, with the TT 100 - assuming I can solo TT to get those mats? Some mats ONLY drop from squad bosses and are unavailable to the solo player, ijs. For example, Antenna of Consumer of Souls, level 90 mat in TT 2-3 from Soulripper, is only available in squad mode, is needed for the gold glaive.

Materials for the warsoul mold has to be the actual mat and not a token. I just started looking into this not sure which mats I need specifically. If I am able to obtain the mold i don't know what other mats I will need to craft the item.

just curious can veno change to male and barb change to female? if so, is it possible now to make a female barb? i will check in game too but thought I would ask :)

1) a 'band-aid' fix would be to alter the quests to allow 3 star, if possible.

2) edit crafting and remove the 90% 3 star crafting

3) put craft level books in the vote shop but I think this is something that should be farmed (that is one of the selling points of this server!)

4) increase drop/acquisition rate of those mats - the ones needed to craft the items for the crafting quests - and leave the craft rate at 90%

Since I have no idea what was done to create the current situation I have no idea what could be done to change it.

IMO the gear crafted from tailor was never meant to be the same quality as TT, Lunar, etc - It was only meant to allow the toon to get the skills necessary to craft the higher level gear.

I guess the move from bugs/suggestions to general with no other response is all the answer I need! With out the appropriate crafting level I am stuck with purchasing what ever gear is available or keeping outdated gear. Even mold drops are useless since I can't use them and there is nobody to ask for help.

EDIT: while I was responding when Beta posted a response

Yes, I read the "rebalancing crafted gear" and, as I stated before, I understand the desire to make crafted gear better BUT the unintended (or maybe intentional) consequences of that change has literally forced new members to rely on higher level member to craft items for them. As for the original author being MIA - the bigger picture should have been taken into account (the inability to complete crafting quests) before such a drastic change was implemented.

I understand you are just one person and don't have time to address all these issues.

The 90% change was a mid-step, a part of bigger effort to rebalance common gear,

A mid-step? With TT, Legendary, and Lunar gear crafting levels are essential and far better gear, imho, than can be crafted at a tailor, ijs.

The other day I was in cube and leveled my pets to my current level with full experience to next level - they seem to be better/'tougher' anyway my pet died and lost all its experience AND a pet i didn't even have summoned lost all it experience - I have 2 at level hercs -Dozer and Bruno. why did they both lose all experience when Dozer died?

And while I am thinking about it - is there anyway to move pet skills to a specific order - without having to unlearn all skills and repurchase them?

I know the percentage of getting 3 star equipment was recently changed but for those who desire to actually earn their crafting levels the change has made it nearly impossible to get the 2 star items required to level, especially tailor. I don't know how many mats I have wasted to level my crafting and it doesn't craft a 2 star item. Am I just stuck at level 5 at 100% forever? :( :cursing:

Suggestions:

1) change crafting to a more equal percentage instead of 90% chance for a 3 start have it 50% to 60% chance

2) change the crafting quests to allow 3 star items - some of us really want to earn our crafting levels

3) increase drop/acquisition rate of those mats - the ones needed to craft the items for the crafting quests - and leave the craft rate at 90% to appease the....

I understand changes sometimes have unintended consequences. I am open to suggestions on how to proceed with my tailor/blacksmith/craftsman skills* or do I need to trash those quests and forget trying to level them?

*endlessly trying to get that 10% chance is not an option. It takes weeks to get enough mats to make 5 to 7 items only to have them wasted and not get to advance that skill.

thanks for the quick reply - however when i launch the game either using the launcher or game.exe i have no way to select which window I want. Yes I see the old game.cfg in the folder but it doesn't appear to be working/applied to the game window(s).

I have tried putting custom coordinates in for my main window and the alt window but still have to custom size them after logging in.

Using the adjustments available while logged in (custom button) put a few lines of code at the bottom of the new cfg files

i.e.

set r_width 990

set r_height 840

set r_y 25

set r_x 2)

but the window doesn't appear on the screen according to the coordinates there either!

editing:

if [ "$PROFILE" == "Secondary" ]; then

set r_fullscreen 0

set r_x 30

set r_y 300

set r_width 1000

set r_height 800

fi

if [ "$PROFILE" == "Tertiary" ]; then

set r_fullscreen 0

set r_x 10

set r_y 10

set r_width 1200

set r_height 800

set r_borderless 1

does NOTHING to allow me to select a window nor does it put a window of the designated size at the given coordinates.

i have NO idea how to put "conditions" on the 'link' i.e. "C:\PWMirage\element\game.exe" -p Secondary or "C:\PWMirage\element\game.exe" --profile Secondary to launch a different window.

It's ok I will just have to adjust the windows when I open them. Just wanted someone to know

So the custom windows we created before this update/patch are gone? :( We can no longer select which window we want? :( We can't set the default location of the window in the cfg?

EdgePunisher tbh i can already see my days of running bhs coming to an end - there aren't enough people interested in running any lower level bh (51, 59, 69, or 79) to create a 'real' squad even when there are tabs involved!

high level toons (95+) are busy with their own dailies and farming their own things (gear, refines, dqs, tomes, wb, etc) they don't have time or are otherwise unable/unwilling to run a low level dungeon and there aren't enough people at/near level to get a 'real' squad to run them.