Flyer Crafting

The server was closed on April 2nd, 2023
https://pwmirage.com/forum/thread/342-we-are-closing/
  • Do you want varied flyer boost speeds? 9

1. Yes, make them random when crafted. (3) 33%
    2. No, make them have a guaranteed boost speed. (6) 67%

I've started a project for flyer crafting, and thought it best to explain the idea more in depth and hear anyones thoughts and ideas before I continue.

All flyers available at the highest speed

One of the key ideas we had for flyers was to make all of them available at the highest speed. This will mean players can choose their favourite cosmetic, without the worry of it being slow.

First Quest (Intro)

- Level 60+

- Complete a simple initial quest (gather items, kill some mobs, visit some NPCs)

- Rewards 1 Flyer Token.

Craft Flyers

- 1 Flyer Token -> 1 Flyer

Future Flyer Token acquisition

- My initial idea was to create a quest which requires boss and mob kills. Idealy all flying. This will be repeatable once a day, and will randomly choose the boss/mobs.

- Another idea would be just to have these added into nomo 's Dragon Essence forge. and require Dragon Essence + an item obtainable from Aerocraft Deal - which is only available after completing the intro quest.

Flyer variety boosted speeds

Beta has shown us that the speeds can vary, with the speed being decided when you first craft it. We could have fixed normal speeds, but vary the boosted speeds.

- If this was wanted, there would need to be a reforge system cheaper then the normal token craft.

- I suggest making the repeatable quest have a choice or reward: 1 Flyer Token or 5 Reforge Tokens.

xnkaOFd.png

Slower Speed Flyers Available

sparks1070 has made a project which has a small selection of 2.5m/s flyers available to buy with coin.

Edited once, last by Satine ().

• Thank you for taking care of this :)

Since we will only have 1 initial quest for the flyer, it might make sense to keep it constant speed at least for now. Tbh I don't mind either because the fast flight speed is just barely faster than normal speed. I would be really interested to hear what others think of boosting it. In vanilla PW the fast flight is not really worth it, here it could be. For this you would basically have to refuel your wings every now and then, sort of like feeding your pet. This requires you to keep a few chi stones in your inventory, so maybe we could make them stack up to 10k to make up for that.

As for future plans - I feel like a new quest to kill flying mobs would be perfect; also the dragon essence has enough uses already.