Posts by EdgePunisher

The server was closed on April 2nd, 2023
https://pwmirage.com/forum/thread/342-we-are-closing/

Some requirements for skills are internally wrong. Try those ones again after your lv99 culti, they should work then.

Also, for bms, the 4 double-spark-skill-books with lv99 requirement (written) will present you the same issue, but I couldn't confirm you can learn them after the lv100 culti :/. I need you to get there first so we can do a bunch of deltas and finish that culti ;).

After the last upddate, the client started in windowed mode. I changed to Borderless Fullscreen at the custom/extra settings, but whenever I log out and restart the client, although it comes selected Borderless Fullscreen, the lower part of the screen is cut (I can see my windows' taskbar down there).

I need to manually change to windowed mode and then back to Borderless Fullscreen for it to use the actual fullscreen again.

Today I noticed screenshot stopped working.

I click on the button, get the blue message in game "screenshot saved", but when I go the folder PWMirage/element/screenshots there is nothing new saved.

About the suggested "fee for the exclusive dungeon", as low as it could be, I think/hope it wouldn't be implemented, because noone liked it so far (me included) xD

So if we have a poll for it later, I doubt it would pass, considering the input we got so far.

All that other stuff (wine duration, etc...) wouldn't be an issue, since regular (exclusive) dungeons wouldn't be changed. All of that would apply only to the shared version of the dungeon, the version thought for squad play, aeerg :). So basically, that means the dungeon as you know it now would remain unchanged, but there would be another option for squad play (not alt-self-squad, real squads with different ppl), with changes.

20mins seems good for boss respawn, not too much to wait, I think.

I'm not sure about the respawn in exclusive/instanced dungeons; let's say you wined it, you go and kill the boss looking for a mold, you don't get it, just wait for respawn, without needing to use another wine set or killing mobs to get there... there's another camping exploit introduced in an exclusive dungeon with that. Keeping them separate should be the ideal to avoid "breaking a mechanic that works atm" in instanced/exclusive dungeons.

About the pvp, the only problem I could think of is someone complaining because they don't understand that going white name you are open to be killed by other players, even if it is an accidental kill, at any time... Which I already saw in other servers before. But since white name is a choice here, I hope it won't happen that frequently. But then again, I don't do pvp, so I'm not sure that is all that could happen, I just find it interesting that this situation is something I saw in the anime series DotHack and it was very fun to watch some PKers camping in dungeons for other players lol

Yeah, the gates are possible problems in many other dungeons too. 69 and 79 have bh bosses as gatekeepers, for example. I wonder if there is a way to just remove the gates and not the mobs/bosses linked to it, maybe?

Assuming we are treating the shared instance separated from the regular one, and this exclusive/regular option would remain as it is, the camping bosses problem would be a thing only in the shared instance because of the boss respawn time, right? In that case, if we increase the boss respawn time from the original 15min to 1h, would it be too bad? It's not like the shared dungeon could be "reseted" like the exclusive ones, so the respawn time would affect other possible groups that decide to go for it in a different time... My concern is that different groups would be limited on their options to start a shared instance by another group that started it earlier and be "forced" to get an exclusive dungeon to do the bh or wait for the respawn (not sure if it's bad too...). I'm really not sure how to address it, I particularly liked the option with 15min respawn, but I feel like it would be exploited to farm specific drops from bosses, on the other hand, a higher respawn time would affect other groups (although it's not like we have that many squads going for the same dungeon atm...). Maybe gather the options and do a poll on it?

About the log in/log off mechanic to be booted after 4h in a dungeon, I didn't know it existed here, since there is no msg when you enter the dungeon... but I never tested it.

About the loot sharing, if the most interesting loot is tied to the quest at the entrance and if the kill count could be obtained by everyone in range of the boss, I think that would be solved, I agree with Beta that the regular drops going to the squad/player who killed it is ok (considering that would not be the most interesting reward). But I'm not sure it works that way, I believe you don't get the kill credit/count by only being in range atm, you need to be in the squad with most damage or you don't get the credit. I didn't test it, but that is something we should verify and confirm if the kill credit based on "just being around the boss" is doable.

The shared instance would introduce some new forms of pvp too (inside dungeons...), for whoever is in white name. It would be interesting to see how it would go xD

Rewards suggestion:

• exp (equivalent to the respective level crazy stone quest, maybe?)
    • dragon essences (very useful for refining and other prizes-trade, not sure about the amount) OR sleeping dragon orbs (if you find it interesting to have another way to get them besides voting, not sure of the amount/grade)
    • mirages (same amount possible as 1 boss of the respective bh?)
    • lv8 shard (or maybe different level shards for different level bhs?)

I do like the idea of the shared instance, like secret passage or sadistic glee. I wouldn't add any symbolic fee for exclusive instance though, since most of the times wining it is already a fee that keeps a solo player busy enough pre-dungeon, be it farming mats or coins for the wine. Instead, I would work on better rewards for the shared instance to make it more attractive. In other words, treat the shared instance like an addition to the game without adding obstacles to the already existing content.

About the technical difficulties of the shared instance approach:

1. 5min seems good for the averaged geared squad;

2. Same for 15min. I like the quest idea, the respective reward should be the extra reward that makes it more attractive than the solo option;

3. Agreed;

4. Agreed, since now it's a wine for a shared instance, that will affect other players too. Keeping in mind that wining is already less effective the higher the level of the dungeon, what about setting a limited duration for the wine effect? 30/45 min perhaps? Or maybe add 16min (kill+loot) per boss plus the time a cleric takes to walk the full bh59 xD. Another idea on this aspect would be getting rid of wines for the shared instance option and make the quest reward VERY attractive compared to the solo option, since it would raise the difficulty considerably for the averaged geared squad and, if the squad wants to wine it, they could opt for the exclusive dungeon instead.

I think the mag buff would normally stack, like it does with the phys def, but it's the old issue with the cleric buff that may be preventing it here. The same issue that prevents that same buff to be overwritten by itself, that happens for both Magic Shell and Aegis Spirit. Maybe fixing the buff from those skills can end up making the "Dew of Star Protection" buffs stack again?

The item "Heroes' Blood", supposed to spawn in OHT1 during certain times of the day, never shows up, making us unable to enter the Unicorn Forest to proceed with quests. I tried it many different times in and out of the time ranges displayed at the quest's text.

There's also skills that don't work as intended, like the blademaster's demon masteries and others that should give extra crit% but don't work, or the cleric magic buffs that can't be overwritten. Not sure if those cases are included in the broken ones in this topic?

For the list of skills that can't be learned, I have confirmed those classes/culti:

Demon Blademaster (4 skills):

Heaven's Flame

Glacial Spike

Myriad Sword Stance

Drake's Breath Bash

Sage Cleric (1 Skill):

Tempest

I never bought wines since I think they are too expensive and I had the time to farm mats. But even farming lots of mats to craft wines every day, I can't find ppl to do BHs every time due to timezone issues for the players around my level. I must add that the situation has improved a lot since months ago, with the increase in playerbase, but many times I still have to do BHs alone nowadays, not because of the wine, that I have, but because people are busy with other stuff (farming priorities, since the exp rewards for lv100+ are not so interesting for some high level players, for example) or not online at that moment. That's my view only about the current BH100s, I'm not sure how the situation is currently to the lower levels BHs.

Moving it exclusively to the vote shop also seems too drastic to me. The quest option, although interesting, would probably make me not do BHs daily anymore, since I can't be sure I'll be online at the same time as other players in the same level range. But again, that's from my level range perspective. I'd like to see other level ranges opinions on it :)

Hey! I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time on it , what mobs were you trying to get it from? I usually got Dull Claws from Midnight Jackaleopardite, they are just below the Master Bladecraftsman's cabin. There are other options (http://web.archive.org/web/200…tabase.com/pwi/items/8105), but I liked to grind those mobs with my bm ^^. For 20 Dull Claws, I'd say it would take me ~2h if I had bad luck with drops.

Discord is working fine for me atm :thumbup:.

See ya in game!