Posts by losty

The server was closed on April 2nd, 2023
https://pwmirage.com/forum/thread/342-we-are-closing/

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Skill book says level 92 (bm is 92); it appears in the trainer's skill window as available; have coin and spirit. When I try to learn it, it says "unable to learn this skill."

ok - re-logged to see if that fixed it. No. Used tp stone to go to arch and all of a sudden got ported back in to the exit room with reward pack. Maybe server was just really really slow???

Not sure - but was weird. :)

Thank you!! Another simple but fun event. Couple things --

Shining Tidewood --> City of the ???? name is cut off in the quest list. I found in the editor this is plume seamstress - there are a couple in PWDB, so wasn't sure (and was lazy to figure out the coordinates there).

Make fashion token -- in the shop it looks the same as the valentine's day version, but the editor shows it has gothic set, camo set, gloomy noire set, and pirate set (GO PIRATES!!) so we should make that clear somewhere. I want the pirate set :)

If i read it correctly, there's one mount (love the demon tiger mount) and the others are all class pets? Yay!!

will check the others as i get them and edit if needed.

Yay!!

Wow!! Thanks. I get the reluctance for another daily - no worries and agree, generally - and the idea of adding tokens (for your level, I'd assume) as an event prize makes a lot of sense.

On the "farm alone" stuff -- I don't think TT70 mats give 7 tokens per mat now? Think even in 2-1 it was 3 tokens? Could be wrong, of course, since I looked only briefly because i'm not up to that yet lol.

As long as we don't create abuses with the trade up option, I'd love to see it happen, if we can! Thank you for looking into it so thoroughly!

Satine -- not quite sure how to read the trade tab. If I get it right, it looks like we only want the first column?? On line 1, it looks like 2d, 3d, 4th columns allow trade of 1 TT60 token to get a TT80, TT90, or TT99 token? That we don't want, I think, as it reduces the need to do the higher level TT instances? Maybe first and second columns max, but I was thinking only trade up one level. I don't expect anyone would live in TT60 to farm TT99 gear if they could do higher TT's and get the tokens needed, but am not high enough to say one way or another.

@others -- on the side quest idea, I'd suggest a daily you can pick up inside TT solo mode. Similar to the February event npc inside 29 - all squad members can take it and get the reward once per day in solo mode for a token. I think it should be limited to solo mode since the drops are truly awful there and i believe squad size is limited. I'd allow for all solo modes, not limited to TT60/70. If we find it causes issues, we could adjust??

Satine -- I mean farm lower level TT to be able to trade up to the next higher token. Example -- my lvl 70 toons are just not strong enough to farm TT1-2 in squad mode. I think (haven't tried but am pretty sure) they can farm TT60 in squad mode. They should be big enough now for that. So enough of those, with the presumably better drop rate than you find in solo mode, and they could then trade the TT60 tokens for TT70 tokens.

I understand not wanting to promote converting TT99 tokens to TT60 gear and that was an issue when TT token were changed. But having done probably 12-15 TT1-2 in solo mode I have 6 chin drops 4 drummer drops and 80 skulls -- not even enough tokens for more than 1 wep (need 15 and i have 24 when i convert these). Since i need about 72 tokens for each toon for a wep and full set of gear (I think that was the math), it's not feasible in solo mode. I'm wondering if there is some alternative when there are so few people playing and very little chance for help running these right now.

A limited conversion, as suggested, would seem to be workable without creating the issues that arose with the original system.

nomo -- I like the idea of a side quest that is level limited that encourages the lower level players to do the TT runs.

Just trying to come up with some ideas to make gear more feasible at this stage in the server population.

Thanks for the consideration.

So, in light of the really low server population, I'd like to suggest reverting to the old TT token system. There are very few people around to run TT and when trying to farm tokens at the level i am at and the level I need for gear, it's not possible to complete squad mode and drops are abysmal in any event, in both solo and squad mode. I understand the thinking behind the current system and could support it if we had the population to make it feasible.

Alternatively, perhaps some type of token exchange that would permit lower level tokens to be exchanged for the next higher token. For example 3 TT60 tokens for 1 TT70 token. 3-4 TT70 tokens for a TT80 token, etc. Not sure of the most appropriate exchange. This would keep all TT's relevant, I believe, but still allow lower players a better opportunity to get the needed gear in a more timely manner. If the exchanges are limited to the next level up, that avoids the issue of higher level players farming a gazillion TT60's in 30 sec for TT99 tokens. It also allows player to run the TT they can complete to help them grow and gear so they can farm the higher level TTs.

Thoughts? Anything workable here? Thanks for the consideration.

you changed all the TT crafting - WHY?????????? At least before I had half a chance of being able to craft my gear as i level up and don't have to actually be able to run the exact TT needed for the mats if i'm not quite there yet. Now I can't do that and have no hope whatsoever of progressing the way all the old players were able to do. It seem to me that every single update that is being made any more is to disadvantage the new players and protect the old players from any competition to their rarified status. I'm so sorry - there were so many really cool things about this server but they have just about all gone to hell at this point.