About the first Mirage Editor release

The server was closed on April 2nd, 2023
https://pwmirage.com/forum/thread/342-we-are-closing/
  • We're getting close to the first release of the editor which will offer the following:

• editing goods sold by any NPC
      • modifying what items are sold, in which tabs, positions, etc
      • modifying their price
    • editing crafting recipes offerred by any NPC
      • modifying which items can be crafted (can be *any* PW items)
      • each recipe can yield one of four different items (like 1,2, or 3-star gear), each of those items can be changed, together with their % probability
      • change the required mats (and coins)
      • change the required craft level, gained xp, spirit, and a few other minor details
    • browse all previously made changes, be able to rollback any modified recipe, etc

For the first release, all user-made changes will be stored locally in the browser. It will be possible to reload the webpage or close it without losing any progress, but there won't be any way to publish or even export those changes.

Now, the second release of the editor (which doesn't have a release date just yet) will provide an option to send all those custom changes to a server (and, naturally, to me)

I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish coding all the review and publishing functionality, but all the changes you're doing at any point of time will be viewable/usable even in the final version of the editor. It's a priority to me to prevent situations where someone doesn't want to make changes just yet because they won't make it to the final game. No - You can make changes now, and publish them later. :)

I hope this post made things a little bit clearer. I'll publish the first version on Nov 14th. There's a few things still left to do, but it's looking good for now.

• Published! Currently the editor pulls all data from pwmirage.com and could easily kill the bandwidth there, so I'm only sharing with a few people for now. They have a "Contributor" rank on discord.

The editor is in a pretty much raw state atm. There will be definitely some UI/UX improvements soon (along with new features of course), but I'm really hoping to get some initial feedback now.

Thanks everyone!

• Beta

Changed the title of the thread from “About the first release” to “About the first Mirage Editor release”.