Upcoming Reputation rebalance

The server was closed on April 2nd, 2023
https://pwmirage.com/forum/thread/342-we-are-closing/
  • In near future we will get rid of the following crafts:

• Wines from Hay
    • Cages from DQ
    • Inv. stones from DQ

Cages and Inv. stones will be available through the vote shop instead. Wines won't be craftable anymore - it doesn't make sense to farm Hay for that. It was the best source of farming reputation and could be considered endgame. Marriage packs can stay being craftable from Hay, but that's just a funny nuance. Rep is too much.

We're planning to make Rep farmable through other means:

• FB
    • One-man army (huge rep boost upcoming)
    • Darkness Stamp crafts (combining them with celestone fragments + coins = more rep)

It'll be at least a week before any crafts are removed.

• Maybe also change upper limits on receiving FB tabs so that people don't miss getting their tabs because they leveled too much before remembering to grab them. I'm bad about doing that, and I can't be the only one. XD

• Good idea, that would go in pair with removing the level cap for other regular quests. There's a bunch of regular kill-50-mobs quests that can be done only within a 10-level range.

• Just wanted to point out, hay -> rep isnt the best source for rep at the moment. Currently its a combo of 1-man rewards -> Material Trader.

The hay -> rep/wines was added in the first place for people to get the marriage rewards, without the need to actually get married. It's the same cost ratio, just eliminates the need to find a willing spouse in order to get the rewards. Although the hay to rep doesnt make much sense lore-wise, its more in place to ensure the single characters can still get the rewards should they choose.

Personally, I'm a little gutted to seet the hay -> rep removed. I like the hay farm, its not OP, appeals to my play style. I dont have to think about min-maxing 1-man with 5 alts when i choose that route, and it's a chill break from the other intense farming methods on mirage.

• Just reposting what was said in Lani's project comments, and adding firther discussion.

I still think rep is much better as a drop rate source, ie the stamps / hay we currently have. That said, as much as I liked the hay for those reasons. I don't think it's best as a long term solution. As Lani mentioned in the project, Stamps are also balanced as it's a drop farm, with no need for an alt army, and agree with her that these are also a great avenue for a repeatable rep farm.

I will re-iterate stamps should remain as an un-tradable source to ensure balance, no skipping, and maintain appropriate lore (ie keeping it as quest rewards, or soul-bound item drops).

My first suggestion would be to add stamps to all fb/bh dungeons:

fb19 - Lv.1 Darkness Stamp (4 rep) - 2% (currently in game)

fb29 - Lv.2 Darkness Stamp (5 rep) - 5% (currently in game)

fb39 - Lv.3 Darkness Stamp (6 rep) - 5% (currently in game)

fb49 - Lv.4 Darkness Stamp (7 rep) - 12% (currently in game)

fb59 - Lv.5 Darkness Stamp (8 rep) - 17% (currently in game)

fb69 - Lv.6 Darkness Stamp (9 rep) - add to all mobs 17%

fb79 - Lv.7 Darkness Stamp (10 rep) - add to all mobs 18%

fb89s - Lv.8 Darkness Stamp (11 rep) - add to all mobs 20%

fb99s - Lv.9 Darkness Stamp (12 rep) - add to all mobs 20%

This will improve bh help, as well as encourage fbs/bhs to be done without wine - for the full challange. People who like to solo, can still farm rep from lower level fbs and are not dependant on help, but generally the same effort is required to farm rep on your character regardless of alts-army abuse, or team member dependant. In addition, being such varied locations, players can mix it up to avoid getting bored.

If we had something like the above in place, I would also suggest removing wedding candy trade from hay + wine and removing them as a reward from wedding packs (doesnt make sense - but has been a good temporay solution).

Also (and this may be controversial) - I don't think rep should be craftable from mats, at the mat trader. One-man already has a rep reward, so perhaps that could be increased instead, as it makes more sense to gain renown from killing things then from trading materials.

As I have suggested the removal of 2 sources, then increasing the rep reward from stamps (ie doubling them so a Lv.9 gives 24 rep) or increasing the drop rate overall, would be recommended. However I would be cautious to make such a big leap, and recommend first the above (adding to all fbs), and then if it's seen it is needed, increase the drop rates later. That way there is no anxiety over the future, and no thoughts to save up the stamps "incase they double" and avoid drama/distrust.

So to summarise:

1. Add Darkness stamps to all fb dungeons (69+) listed above.

2. Remove candies and mat trade for rep.

3. Increase drop rates of all stamps, if required.

After a regular farm is established and finalised, then other one-time methods for rep can be looked at as additional options (eg quests ect).

Edited 2 times, last by Satine ().

• can i make an entirely difference suggestion... and it is just that

1. instead of using 1 man armies which.. SHOULD BE Solo quests - as discussed the other day - alt armies benefit so much from having it party-able to do them which... yes while the rep reward is bound...its still slightly unfair for those who don't want to make an alt army - the alternative is ofc - make your own alt army
    2. instead of using 1 man armies - the Justice order systems not being used as or right now - so why not make that the rep driver

3. Increase the mat reward - if you choose to put an hour timer on it you will 100% need to double or triple the mat rewards as no ones going to wait an hour for 4 mats... its unfair for the people farming it for mats, over rep

Suggestion 1: Using the justice order quests to gain reputation - make tokens > to badges - Tokens 12:1 badge (The tokens ratio may need to be reworked) - these justice quests ARE solo (Unless they have been edited)
    Suggestion 2:
    Increase the reputation gain on 1 man armies - make them solo quests like they should be
    Suggestion 3: Justice order quests have a 1 hour timer where you cannot pick up the next quest un-till that timer is over - The quest is repeatable - You can also set this for 1 man armies - make 1 man armies solo - with a 1 hour time limit in-between - so people cant farm consistently

Notes: you can also add mats to the justice system as rewards the same as 1 man armies :)

This post is not to undermined what's already been changed - rather to bring back some of the reputation grind - i understand full well the server isn't big and its hard to get rep as it is but what happens when 1 person comes into the server and sits there for a month doing armies and gaining 30-40k rep per toon they are farming with - all because their main carried the alts to R8... now having said that they put the effort in they should get it but its only half worked for.

• Justice quests have been updated as a way to farm myst chips with a 30 minute timer, and no, Justice quests are not solo but are set to very specific lvl ranges unlike the current one man armies.

And, no it'd be extremely hard to carry a bunch of alts to r8 off one mans. I did one mans for 4 months straight and bought mats off other players continuously as well as did lots of quests, fbs, and hay farming just to get my main to r6. My oldest alt doesn't even have half the rep my main does from one man's.

Mind you I'm not making any argument for or against anything, just pointing out things that are overlooked or exaggerated. ^^

I, personally, had made a suggestion months back to at least make the lower level one mans solo since you're more likely to actually play a character you actually have to level vs being able to use low lvl ones to get extra stuff without having to put any effort into it.

Edited 2 times, last by nomo ().