Macros not working

Bounty: -
Assignee: -
The server was closed on April 2nd, 2023
https://pwmirage.com/forum/thread/342-we-are-closing/
  • Hi there. I recently joined this server and I quickly realized that the skill macros that can be created in-game are not working properly. For example creating a macro for a cleric to repeat the heal ability will just not do that or sometimes it is cast 2~3 times and then it stops. Any chance this could be fixed? Thank you in advance.

• Hi and welcome!

It's far on the todo list, but it will get improved eventually. Skill casting in PW is just poor in general and I've already taken steps to improve it some time ago. The improvements landed on the server, but people reported glitches and had to be reverted. Long story short: there's a cheat on the internet that makes you cast skills faster. It works by spamming the server with skill casting packets. It significantly improves your latency (smaller visible lag), makes the game more fun, but stresses the server and has some buggy corner cases. It solves a very big problem though - people with high ping (i.e. from Australia) can finally cast skills without a delay inbetween them, making them just as strong as everyone else. I tried to implement a restrained version of this cheat inside the client, but it was still glitchy. The proper way to do this is to modify the server to store the next to-be-casted skill, and cast it as soon as the current one is finished. Fixing the macro system is a very short step from that.

• Beta

Added the Label 0%
  • Beta

Added the Label Client
  • just suggesting:

1) cleric can't repeat a healing spell until it is off cool down so generally need to put several in a macro to repeat

2) toon is out of or low on mana and it cancels the macro (MP charm in cool down)

3) game client needs updated - not sure how that works for people who don't log out

4) your system isn't processing the game properly and needs to restart

I make these suggestions because I have run into the same problem, except #3, on cleric and other casting toons. however, last night 3/3/22 8PM to 10PM MST (USA) casting was laggy and my client kept pausing/freezing then would quickly, like in fast forward mode, cast or move. Not sure if it was an internet thing or something with my system. - just my 2 cents

• I appreciate the fast replies. I have to point out that I have been using the in-game macros in many different servers throughout the years and sadly this is the 1st server with this this issue. @aeerg's suggestions are valid but they are not the problem here. I am playing with 16 ping, so it is not a lag issue either. Also the cleric was just an example. I actually tested macros in all classes and encountered the same result. I am not sure if I can provide any additional information but if I can let me know.