Twilight Temple Exchange NPC

The server was closed on April 2nd, 2023
https://pwmirage.com/forum/thread/342-we-are-closing/
  • Beta

Approved the thread.
  • there are certain mats I would suggest be put at a higher value, I will provide a list of these mats. I also think converting tokens to mats should be at half the rate, make it cost more to make a certain mat rather than farm it from the boss directly. Maybe make gold mats more expensive, otherwise I like it :).

• mats that could use less value, these are mats you get typically any tt run you do and they overflow quickly (Frenzy Lion's Skin,Claw of Consumer of Souls, Frenzy Lion's Claw, Frenzy Lion's Edge, Iron Plate of Darkness, Shards of Darkness, Evil Minion's Axe Edge, Sorceress's Aura, Giant Pincers of Darkness, Evil Minion's Burning Heart, Sorceress's Headwear)

The next batch of mats i think could use more value due to the boss they come from being difficult or due to the lack of how often a boss drops these mats. x2 notes extra hard mats to get(Forshura's Armor, Forshura's Hook, Dust of Stars, Forshura's Arm, Wheel of the Seven Luminaries, Astral Stone, Dust of Devilx x2 , Ancient Devil's Horn x2 , Sacred Mother's Orb (needed in many items), Giant Beast's Armor x2 , Ghost Lord's Ribbon x2 , Skaidread's Edge x2 , Skaidread's Orb x2 , Ghost Lord's Dark Aura x2 )

i judged these mats based off my personal tt farming experience and did not include any tough bosses that drop weapon mats for these are usually a case by case grind, except for the lethal vengeance boss in 2-3.

• The goal of this particular NPC is to be able to exchange unwanted/ not needed mats for the ones that the player needs/ wants for gear. We need to have an objective (not subjective) method of assigning the value to the mats. I chose the following objective method:

1, Items in each instance (1-1, 1-2, 1-3. ect) were divided between single and squad only drops

2, Items dropped in single are 1 for 1 exchange, and squad only are 1 for 1 exchange, within that particular instance. However, you can NOT exchange 1 for 1 between solo and squad dropped mats of the same instance. The squad only dropped mats are designed to have to work together, so therefore, are worth "more" and that is reflected in the "cost".

3. As you move "up" in the instances, the "cost" of the mat increases. 1-1 mats can not be exchanged on a 1 for 1 rate with 1-2 mats.

4. Gold and orange mats are rare drops, compared to "green", and the "cost" is reflected for them. Orange mats are a very rare drop, and are very expensive with the npc as well.

If we start "assigning" a value simply based on how difficult we believe them to be to obtain, based on the boss that drops them, we have thrown out objectivity and are assigning everything on a subjective basis. That subjectivity then depends on what class you are playing, what squad you have available, the levels of the players, etc. It also then becomes a "when I was playing (insert whatever) this and this were hard to get, so make them worth more."

I will go back and make sure that I followed the objective method I described above, and did not confuse it with the other method i was looking at (which was going by level of mat (60, 70, 80 ect) instead of instance it dropped in -- otherwise using the same method to assign value.

• Apparently, I looked at the wrong chart, and valued mats based on their level and "rarity" (regular, gold or orange). When you plot this out on an instance basis, Entei is totally correct, there are times and mats where it doesn't make any sense. In some cases, the same boss drops 1 mat worth 2 tokens, 1 mat worth 8 tokens. In another, 1 mat is worth 16, the other 64. I do think this needs to be addressed, and values changed to reflect the INSTANCE they are farmed in, not the level gear being made. Most gear is farmed out of 3 separate instances, and the goal was to have each instance / difficulty able to trade 1 for 1. I am working on a revised table for the mat exchange, based on instance.