Dragon Orbs

The server was closed on April 2nd, 2023
https://pwmirage.com/forum/thread/342-we-are-closing/
  • I would like to include them in the game. They should be farmable, although I'm not sure how.

One idea is to make them drop from regular dungeon bosses.

In 39 there could be a chance to drop 1/2 star orb

51 - 3/4 star orb

59 - 5 star orb

69 - 6 star orb

79 - 7 star orb

89 - 8 star orb

• could create a supply crate for over lvl 80, put the stuff you need for the higher lvls in there maybe?

Reward from school teacher? Or ability to craft the orbs at the "npc shop" for currency items

• Supply stash is a good idea! I could put one set of dragon orbs there so we could at least refine our weap to +5 as a reward for leveling.

I think dragon orbs should stay as something rare tho. I can boost the rates of the regular refine stones so they would be still useful, but the 100% refine chance with dragon orbs shouldn't come easy.

• agree, and it could go into either school teacher "crafting" (like the rings, takes a while to get them) or even as a currency item to craft at the npc shop, just takes a whole bunch to do, so they are still rare, and you have to either work or save for them

• another idea for dragon orbs, allow them to be crafted at the mirage npc, only allow 1-4 to be crafted, with the materials. 2 star 3x mats of the 1 star (it takes (4) 1 star to make a 2), 3 star 8x the 1 star mats (takes (10) 1 star) and 20x the mats for a 4 star (takes 25). Dont make the 1 star super easy, but do make it doable. That way, people CAN farm them, but it is going to take quite a bit to get a single 12 star (if we dont change the recipe at jewelscraftsmen, it takes 4645 1 star to make a single 12 star)

• another idea for the dragon orbs, since we are dropping the need of bloods to make gear, what about exchanging them for 1 or 2 star orbs? Only for 89 and 99 though -- and not super high, like 2 1*for 89 blood and 2 2* for 99-- with a 1% chance to get 3* (89) or 4* (99) instead? Still leaves a LOT of FB's needed to do to get even 1 12* orb (1,549 FB 89 to be precise :P)

• can use golden eggs. they give 1*/2*/3* or a mirage. have them be a progressive reward where you get more as you do higher level tasks. could be reward from FB tabs, dailies, one man army, envoy of Justice. I would also redo the orb crafting section to make it just 2 orbs to make the next step. this would still require a lot of orbs but it be more realistic for using golden eggs.

there is also a pack that gives orbs if you wanna go that route

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/31641

I don't think we should have super high refined til endgame tho, that should be one main focus is boosting refines. I'd say top refined pre 100 be like 5/6/7 max