Mirage Editor Backlog

The server was closed on April 2nd, 2023
https://pwmirage.com/forum/thread/342-we-are-closing/
  • to do: (starting from nearest plans to the long-term ones)

* quests editor

* allow editing different maps (instances)

* ^ generalize some code first

* process npc rotation

* mob editor

* figure out NPC "triggers" (again an NPC field, from what i understand it's a way to spawn an NPC dynamically upon some action (like quest?) )

* describe npc types (picture / description?)

* add help popups on hover

Edited 8 times, last by Beta ().

• 31/10/2019 done:

* draggable map

* clickable npc marker

01/11/2019 done:

* draggable windows

* mocked npc view, offered goods view, and item finder view

* load actual NPCs from the server files

Apparently there's over 12k NPCs on the main map (including monsters), and showing 12k markers on the screen doesn't give decent performance.

I will have to implement some more complex logic.

• 02/11/2019 done:

* optimize marker rendering (displaying 12k of them lags miserably)

* calibrate npc positions so that markers are placed accurately

* fix window drag stopping randomly

* make use of browser local storage to save the editor state

* figure out NPC "groups" (it's a field in NPC structure => multiple mobs can be spawned at once in result to an external trigger)

* design the data format (what will be sent to the server? It'll be some JSON, but what should be the structure? how to parse it nicely in the code?)

Edited 2 times, last by Beta ().

• 04/11/2019 done:

* load npc names from the server files

* only show NPC markers on the main map (editing monsters will come much later, so we don't need their markers so far)

• 05/11/2019 done:

* open windows in a better default position to make them more user friendly (currently they always show up in a fixed spot on a screen)

* added npc name labels shown on marker hover

* gui windows now have "pin" buttons. By default, a window is not pinned and will automatically disappear when the map is dragged. All windows can be pinned.

* put actual data into the npc view

The windows will now open in a closest spot on the screen that's the least occupied.

• 06/11/2019 done:

* spent a lot of time cleaning up the window layout to make it resizable - it'll be needed for item or icon finder

* as a result of the above, the npc window can now be resized

* loaded all the item icons

* finished up the npc goods window

• 08/11/2019

I added *all* PW items to the editor and now I'm having performance issues with the item finder :(

I need to implement something smart so that it's both fast and pleasant to use

• 10/11/2019 to do:

* add a view listing out all custom changes

EDIT:

I didn't quite make it, but managed to get the needed infrastructure done. I've cleaned up a lot of code and also added a few utilities to ease error reporting and debugging.

Edited once, last by Beta ().

• 11/11/2019 done:

* add a view listing out all custom changes

It still needs some enhancements, but most of the code is in place.

• 12/11/2019 done:

* the changes view is now fully done

there's still no functionality to rollback the changes with a single click, but at least we can see what the original data was

I'm thinking the rollback button would appear in a menu upon right mouse click. I don't want to rush coding it, as a similar menu will be surely used in other areas of the editor - so the code should be somewhat generic.

• 13/11/2019 done:

* allow saving npc goods

* allow saving npc crafts

* allow adding goods and crafts to NPCs which didn't have them originally

* ask user whether he wants to change a particular goods/crafts list for a single, selected NPC or all NPCs using that scheme (like all merchants offer the same goods because they use the same object in database)

Edited 3 times, last by Beta ().

• 14/11/2019 done:

* prepare a nice progress bar for loading all resources at the beginning (it might really take a while)

* load all resources asynchronously, so the webpage doesn't freeze on slow connection

* publish!

• 18/11/2019 done:

* allow searching by item type -> e.g. find only weapons

* add item tabs -> categorize them by type (weapon, armor, quest item, refine stone, etc), allow adding custom tabs, add a "recently used" tab