Posts by aeerg

The server was closed on April 2nd, 2023
https://pwmirage.com/forum/thread/342-we-are-closing/

idk what if anything has been decided on this but I agree with toonaddict "if i have to pay something to get a solo instance, i won't do bh's any more than i can do them now. if you limit the wine duration, i won't do bh's because even taking alts with me to do the instance, i'm not likely to finish an entire instance with hard (for me) bosses in the time proposed."

I only run bhs with/for my low level toons now since I can't solo some of the bosses in the bhs for my main toon and rarely find anyone willing to run with me.

my thoughts on limiting wine time - a wined instance of bh 51 can take up to an hour, for me, to run an alt through - if mobs respawn because the wine "ran out" I would be really POed! I don't want to waste my time farming the wine, click click click clickclick click click click ( 5 clicks per wine) to get 2 wines, spend 10k (5k each toon) to use the teleport stone, talk to old man in dungeon, again click click click click, wait for mobs to disappear, only to have to fight mobs when the wine "runs out" because I can't kill the bosses fast enough!

just suggesting:

1) cleric can't repeat a healing spell until it is off cool down so generally need to put several in a macro to repeat

2) toon is out of or low on mana and it cancels the macro (MP charm in cool down)

3) game client needs updated - not sure how that works for people who don't log out

4) your system isn't processing the game properly and needs to restart

I make these suggestions because I have run into the same problem, except #3, on cleric and other casting toons. however, last night 3/3/22 8PM to 10PM MST (USA) casting was laggy and my client kept pausing/freezing then would quickly, like in fast forward mode, cast or move. Not sure if it was an internet thing or something with my system. - just my 2 cents

I can assure you that there is no hidden drop rate differencing between characters. It's all down to how quickly you can kill a mob, the drop rates are the same for everyone, but if you are 1-shotting mobs....you get the drops much more frequently. So from my experience, its much easer to target lower level mobs, with lower drop rate, as you can kill them far more quickly then the mobs with the highest drop rate.

sorry you disagree with MY personal experience.

12/21/21 04:12 to 04:30 MST

level 72 char

PW Database info for Lupine Berserker

Default Drop

# Name Default drop rate Real drop rate

1 Honey Juice 28.6907% 13.9315%

2 Rough Fur 17.4265% 8.7208%

3 Mystical Blood 15.4838% 7.7891%

after 15 minutes of farming

how many honey juice? ZERO

how many rough fur? ZERO

how many Mystical blood? 12

if level doesn't matter and the real drop rate is accurate:

This farming time should have produced 12 to 14 honey juice, 7 to 9 rough fur, and 6 to 8 mystical blood

100 mobs at 9.5 seconds per mob (counting run time/distance) is 950 seconds or 15.8 minutes

200 mobs at 5 seconds per mob is 500 seconds = 8.33 minutes

250 mobs at 4 seconds per mob is 1200 seconds = 16.66 minutes

300 mobs at 4 seconds per mob is 1200 seconds = 20 minutes -> should yield 18 to 24 rough fur regardless of how long it takes to kill them

-> every 11th to 16th kill should result in a desired mat drop however it doesn't for MY char but obviously does for others unless they are lying in faction chat about their farming results! either way i refuse to be lied to when I share MY PERSONAL experience and observations.

Don't pretend you have any idea how much effort someone else put into farming. I spent 4 months farming to get r6, and I'm sorry you feel bad someone paid a certain price for mats to encourage people selling to them. However, that has nothing to do with wines, unless you spell it *whines.*

I wasn't 'pretending' and while most of my post doesn't have to do with whines it does deal with mats! NO i wasn't "whining" I was stating MY observation from faction chat that EVERYONE is/was able to see! but if finger pointing, blaming and attempting to shame others is how players on this server are I think it best if I look for another one!

while i understand your desire to encourage more group activities, if it wasn't for wine I probably wouldn't do bh's at all I rarely do them now because of the time difference with other players and my work schedule. taking a half hour or more to run an instance really isn't an option, with the limited time I can devote to the game. Many times i have had to choose between farming mats, that don't drop 80 to 90%+* for me like they do others, and running a BH - farming usually wins as I would really like to increase my crafting levels more than char levels.

*Many times i have spent 2+ hours farming to get 17 to 20 of a specific mat while watching faction chat as others get 100+ in the same amount of time. - not complaining just stating MY experience!

Want to "balance the game"? figure out how and why some chars can farm 130+mats in 4 to 6 hours, allegedly without using a bot or duplicating script of some kind, and other can't get half that many in twice the amount of time! and by the way - pw database is NOT relevant, other than location of mob, for mat drops the percentage of items dropped listed is WAY wrong!

AND forget buying the mats - those that want them for rep tokens are buying them at 34,000 coins EACH so no one is selling at a reasonable price to those that need them for crafting, and have trouble farming them - THAT is how you destroy the economy of a game! just my 2 cents worth!

thanks for the answers! I will watch for the 2 keys combining, I don't remember what quests i did to get them, I think it was the dragon quests

1) Thanks for reducing the amount of Vote Points needed for the Arcane Book: Pet!

2) Why do DQ's no longer tell the holder what level they are for? Without memorizing all the mats for every DQ the holder has to visit the dragon quest trader and find the mat to see to which level it belongs.

3) I received a gold key and an iron key for quest rewards (2 different quests) but when I put the iron key in my bank it stacked with the gold key. Why? and What are these keys for? It says to open a golden chest but I have no idea where these chests might be! In the version of PWI I played they were called fairy keys and were unusable, the chests on the world map only required the player to kill the mobs protecting it, but weren't removed from the game.

4) would it be possible to reduce the squad size required to open TT 1-1 to 1-3 to two instead of 4 - higher level players really don't want to run these low level instances and getting 4 people - without having 4 accounts - appears to be difficult (nearly impossible).

12/7/21 15:13 200 Vote Points

Vote for PW Mirage - XtremeTop100.com

successfully redirected to https://www.xtremetop100.com/perfect-world - however 0 Vote Points awarded

PW Mirage - Perfect World server-97262 - Perfect World private servers | Gtop100

Verification complete! You've proven you're a human. Continue your action.

Failed verification, please solve the captcha above this text and try again.

(there is no way to retry the captcha, a refresh of the page results in the message that "you have already voted")

https://www.top100arena.com/listing/98577/vote?incentive=402 got green check as though vote was successful redirected to

https://www.top100arena.com/listing/98577/vote with the message below, after doing the captcha 'find the motorbus' THREE times

ERROR! Your vote was not successfully submitted! You can only vote once per day and have to solve the ReCaptcha each time.

https://topg.org/perfect-world…servers/server-598904-402 redirected to

https://topg.org/perfect-world-private-servers/server-598904-402

You have voted successfully! To continue to the site or server you voted for: Pw mirage

Note: Duplicate votes are not taken into account and do not generate in-game rewards.

0 Vote Points awarded to account

Vote for PW Mirage
    Enjoy the player created content, or create the content yourself. PW Mirage comes with a dedicated, web-based editor. The server launched April 2020 and went…
    www.arena-top100.com

You have successfully voted for PW Mirage

However, 0 Vote Points were awarded to account!

12/7/21 15:28 account STILL has 200 Vote Points

15 minutes to NOT get any vote points! :cursing:  ;( :thumbdown:

hhhhmmmm.... might have to go back and check that.

edit: I went back to the guy by dreamweaver and checked his "goods" he had a level IV book so i bought another one and the first one disappeared I wonder if i got it during a glitch ( i blame my system :( ) or a server roll or something. anyway i was able to learn level 4 apoth. thanks

yes that is the info I found also - i got the message, at level 50 -

1) talked to elder in arch,

2) went to dreamweaver port and talked to herb gardener and got the book.

3) created level 3 apoth pots until skill bar reached 100%.

4) When I talk to the elder of arch, to learn crafting skill apothecary, it says the level is only 30/45 and won't let me learn this skill - with the skill book in my inventory.

thank you laniari, as i posted I HAVE THE BOOK, if there is another part to the quest, as asked previously, it is not in my quest list and i can find no mention of it on here nor the pwi wiki. as beta suggested i will check the elder of arch, and maybe lost, as well as the apoths for a quest for materials i am almost certain there should be an apoth waiting for herbs. I will check that out soon been busy with DQ for herc haha

Thanks for the reply spartk1070, but as the OP states I had quests for those mobs, well some of them, that is how I easily tracked the kills, and they were supposed to have a high(ish) drop rate for the posted mat, rough fur. The post wasn't whining about not getting rough fur, it should have brought to your attention, and the mods, that the drop rate is, as you stated, altered by char level that is why you went back to -20 level mobs to get mats. so when I am level 70 maybe I will get level 50 mats for crafting!

Which means I am stuck in crap gear until the toon grossly out levels it because I can't get the mats to increase tailor, craftsman and blacksmithing! I have kind of decided my toon is stuck at level 3 for all crafting since I have the advanced apothecary book, (from dreamweaver port apoth NPC), the skill bar is at 100% at all apothecaries I visit, my char level is above 60 (should be eligible at level 50), but the elder says skill is only 30/45...... so I can't learn level 4 apoth - even after manufacturing 50+ level 3 apoth items (with the skill bar at 100%)! unless there is a quest - which i don't have - to take a specific apothecary a certain number of mats! But i couldn't find a reference to a quest on the pwi wiki - other than getting the book.

after spending 2.5 hours on quests and grinding these mobs - Undine Supreme (17.4265%), Sapphire Planeshark (17.1464%), Sapphire Planeshark Don (17.4265%), Lupine Berserker (17.4265%) - over 200 kills and only 3 rough fur! I must be doing something wrong! maybe I will try farming silk thread and concentrated glue and exchange them but a 3 (glue/thread) for 1 (fur) SUCKS!

You may know about this but Thought I would post it anyway. The low level crazy stone (rough) has a 'talk to {this} person' as Apothecary Li in North Arch - the apothecary is Lin, the Craftsman is Li, in North Arch, just so you know! The quest executes/completes correctly it is just a little confusing!

I have been doing the dragon quests but to 'advance' they want the silver and 2 or 3 copper dragon orders - otherwise the dragon quest ends :( I must be doing something wrong

the green lynus outside arch (i got dull claws from these for my first bank extension 'get the materials'), the white-eyed wolfkins (soft fur - 1 dull claw every 50ish kills), midnight jackaleopardites(soft fur - 1 dull claw every 60ish kill), sapphire planesharks(claw - dull claw every 30ish kill), vampiric threshers - on the 'up' side I now have the 25 claws required for the bank extension stone!

1) what happened to dull claw? mobs that used to drop them now drop soft fur far more than dull claw. Dull claws are needed for dragon and other quests. i have spend the better part of 2 days (about 16 hours) trying to get 20 dull claw for quests - I managed to get 5! I am gonna have to trash the quests, dragon and bank, that is FAR too much grinding! BTW: The amount of soft fur that dropped - 46! :huh:  :rolleyes::thumbdown:

2) Is discord down? I attempted to log in - got a message I need to 'reverify' my account - did that, resent the verification email - clicked the link and got a message I need to reverify my account! :cursing: