Limiting instance wines

The server was closed on April 2nd, 2023
https://pwmirage.com/forum/thread/342-we-are-closing/
  • Would you like wines to be more expensive? 15

The result is only visible to the participants.

I would like to propose some changes to how wines are obtained. It would be good to minimize their usage so that more group play is encouraged, although this is a very sensitive area so I need your feedback.

At first I had an idea to move wines entirely to vote shop, but this is probably too drastic. Another option is making a daily quest to gather herbs for a wine, so that you can only get 1 wine per character and need a total of let's say 3 to wine the instance. This means you most likely need to find a group for your BH or farming. But first let me ask you this one question.

• I never bought wines since I think they are too expensive and I had the time to farm mats. But even farming lots of mats to craft wines every day, I can't find ppl to do BHs every time due to timezone issues for the players around my level. I must add that the situation has improved a lot since months ago, with the increase in playerbase, but many times I still have to do BHs alone nowadays, not because of the wine, that I have, but because people are busy with other stuff (farming priorities, since the exp rewards for lv100+ are not so interesting for some high level players, for example) or not online at that moment. That's my view only about the current BH100s, I'm not sure how the situation is currently to the lower levels BHs.

Moving it exclusively to the vote shop also seems too drastic to me. The quest option, although interesting, would probably make me not do BHs daily anymore, since I can't be sure I'll be online at the same time as other players in the same level range. But again, that's from my level range perspective. I'd like to see other level ranges opinions on it :)

• If you wanted to minimize/restrict wine usage with the purpose of having players kill more monsters,
    it would make instances take longer for them to do alone compared to with a party.
    Instead of just walking and killing one mob in between bosses it's more of a battle, which would mean greater rewards.
    We would have to increase mirages dropped from bosses, more book pages crafted from dropped skill books, exp from BH, and buff the bounty sack

• while i understand your desire to encourage more group activities, if it wasn't for wine I probably wouldn't do bh's at all I rarely do them now because of the time difference with other players and my work schedule. taking a half hour or more to run an instance really isn't an option, with the limited time I can devote to the game. Many times i have had to choose between farming mats, that don't drop 80 to 90%+* for me like they do others, and running a BH - farming usually wins as I would really like to increase my crafting levels more than char levels.

*Many times i have spent 2+ hours farming to get 17 to 20 of a specific mat while watching faction chat as others get 100+ in the same amount of time. - not complaining just stating MY experience!

Want to "balance the game"? figure out how and why some chars can farm 130+mats in 4 to 6 hours, allegedly without using a bot or duplicating script of some kind, and other can't get half that many in twice the amount of time! and by the way - pw database is NOT relevant, other than location of mob, for mat drops the percentage of items dropped listed is WAY wrong!

AND forget buying the mats - those that want them for rep tokens are buying them at 34,000 coins EACH so no one is selling at a reasonable price to those that need them for crafting, and have trouble farming them - THAT is how you destroy the economy of a game! just my 2 cents worth!

• Want to "balance the game"? figure out how and why some chars can farm 130+mats in 4 to 6 hours, allegedly without using a bot or duplicating script of some kind, and other can't get half that many in twice the amount of time! and by the way - pw database is NOT relevant, other than location of mob, for mat drops the percentage of items dropped listed is WAY wrong!

AND forget buying the mats - those that want them for rep tokens are buying them at 34,000 coins EACH so no one is selling at a reasonable price to those that need them for crafting, and have trouble farming them - THAT is how you destroy the economy of a game! just my 2 cents worth!

Don't pretend you have any idea how much effort someone else put into farming. I spent 4 months farming to get r6, and I'm sorry you feel bad someone paid a certain price for mats to encourage people selling to them. However, that has nothing to do with wines, unless you spell it *whines.*

• *Many times i have spent 2+ hours farming to get 17 to 20 of a specific mat while watching faction chat as others get 100+ in the same amount of time. - not complaining just stating MY experience!

Want to "balance the game"? figure out how and why some chars can farm 130+mats in 4 to 6 hours, allegedly without using a bot or duplicating script of some kind, and other can't get half that many in twice the amount of time! and by the way - pw database is NOT relevant, other than location of mob, for mat drops the percentage of items dropped listed is WAY wrong!

I can assure you that there is no hidden drop rate differencing between characters. It's all down to how quickly you can kill a mob, the drop rates are the same for everyone, but if you are 1-shotting mobs....you get the drops much more frequently. So from my experience, its much easer to target lower level mobs, with lower drop rate, as you can kill them far more quickly then the mobs with the highest drop rate.

In regards to PWdatabase, it goes by PWI's lastest info. PWI received an update which change most drops in the game many years ago, so the PWI version of the DB is not accurate for things such as crafting mats, and DQ mats. I would suggest using a website such as wayback machine, although jsut switching to MY version of PW database, which has the correct mobs.

To seach on PW database:

1. Search for the item using https://www.pwdatabase.com/

2. When you are on the correct page of the item you want (example: https://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8112), on the top right of the website is a selection of flags, click the Malaysian flag (furthest to the right) to switch to MY drop rates. The url will change to something like: https://www.pwdatabase.com/my/items/8112 note the pwi - > my in the url.

3. The mobs that drop the item listed on MY will be correct to our version, but the names of mobs and name of the items may still differ on PW-MY, so I always search on the PWI (default) version, then switch to MY.

• Take my opinion with a grain of salt since I'm new, I'm assuming instances are similar to original pwi.

I feel like instance mobs are a case of intentionally designing the game to be annoying, and then offering a 'pay to not' option.

I'd prefer removing wines entirely and tweaking the instances to be more fun to run, but I have no concrete ideas on how to go about accomplishing that. In the meanwhile wines are kind of necessary imo, the reward of fb/bh instances isn't worth the effort it takes without them.

• Don't pretend you have any idea how much effort someone else put into farming. I spent 4 months farming to get r6, and I'm sorry you feel bad someone paid a certain price for mats to encourage people selling to them. However, that has nothing to do with wines, unless you spell it *whines.*

I wasn't 'pretending' and while most of my post doesn't have to do with whines it does deal with mats! NO i wasn't "whining" I was stating MY observation from faction chat that EVERYONE is/was able to see! but if finger pointing, blaming and attempting to shame others is how players on this server are I think it best if I look for another one!

• I can assure you that there is no hidden drop rate differencing between characters. It's all down to how quickly you can kill a mob, the drop rates are the same for everyone, but if you are 1-shotting mobs....you get the drops much more frequently. So from my experience, its much easer to target lower level mobs, with lower drop rate, as you can kill them far more quickly then the mobs with the highest drop rate.

sorry you disagree with MY personal experience.

12/21/21 04:12 to 04:30 MST

level 72 char

PW Database info for Lupine Berserker

Default Drop

# Name Default drop rate Real drop rate

1 Honey Juice 28.6907% 13.9315%

2 Rough Fur 17.4265% 8.7208%

3 Mystical Blood 15.4838% 7.7891%

after 15 minutes of farming

how many honey juice? ZERO

how many rough fur? ZERO

how many Mystical blood? 12

if level doesn't matter and the real drop rate is accurate:

This farming time should have produced 12 to 14 honey juice, 7 to 9 rough fur, and 6 to 8 mystical blood

100 mobs at 9.5 seconds per mob (counting run time/distance) is 950 seconds or 15.8 minutes

200 mobs at 5 seconds per mob is 500 seconds = 8.33 minutes

250 mobs at 4 seconds per mob is 1200 seconds = 16.66 minutes

300 mobs at 4 seconds per mob is 1200 seconds = 20 minutes -> should yield 18 to 24 rough fur regardless of how long it takes to kill them

-> every 11th to 16th kill should result in a desired mat drop however it doesn't for MY char but obviously does for others unless they are lying in faction chat about their farming results! either way i refuse to be lied to when I share MY PERSONAL experience and observations.

• Lupine Berserker's don't drop Honey Juice and Rought Fur, so to get 0 of those, is expected. You can see what they do drop here: https://www.pwdatabase.com/my/mob/1256

So according to your maths, the mat it does drop (Mystical Blood) is accurate.

Also, it's quicker to use your mount to run between mobs/loot. Quicker if you're not a veno as you don't have to stash a pet, but high level venos have a lot of moment speed so it's not too bad for them.

Edited once, last by Satine ().

• The poll results clearly say no to limiting the wines - so here's another idea that solves the same problem (solo play)