The server was closed on April 2nd, 2023
https://pwmirage.com/forum/thread/342-we-are-closing/
  • 1) what happened to dull claw? mobs that used to drop them now drop soft fur far more than dull claw. Dull claws are needed for dragon and other quests. i have spend the better part of 2 days (about 16 hours) trying to get 20 dull claw for quests - I managed to get 5! I am gonna have to trash the quests, dragon and bank, that is FAR too much grinding! BTW: The amount of soft fur that dropped - 46! :huh:  :rolleyes::thumbdown:

2) Is discord down? I attempted to log in - got a message I need to 'reverify' my account - did that, resent the verification email - clicked the link and got a message I need to reverify my account! :cursing:

• Hey! I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time on it , what mobs were you trying to get it from? I usually got Dull Claws from Midnight Jackaleopardite, they are just below the Master Bladecraftsman's cabin. There are other options (http://web.archive.org/web/200…tabase.com/pwi/items/8105), but I liked to grind those mobs with my bm ^^. For 20 Dull Claws, I'd say it would take me ~2h if I had bad luck with drops.

Discord is working fine for me atm :thumbup:.

See ya in game!

• the green lynus outside arch (i got dull claws from these for my first bank extension 'get the materials'), the white-eyed wolfkins (soft fur - 1 dull claw every 50ish kills), midnight jackaleopardites(soft fur - 1 dull claw every 60ish kill), sapphire planesharks(claw - dull claw every 30ish kill), vampiric threshers - on the 'up' side I now have the 25 claws required for the bank extension stone!

• I also farmed my dull claws at midnight jackaleopardites, The green blobs in the area drop element dust/fragments which you also don't find much elsewhere so it's a good spot. You might be just getting unlucky :( As for other mobs - they might really have a tiny drop chance for dull claws, and much higher for soft fur. I can't check though because I don't have a nice viewer for monster drops and pwdatabase.com shows data from latest PW which is much different (every mob on the world map is lv. >= 20)

• Oh and discord also acted weird for my friend - we had to verify through phone which sucks, but there was no other way. I guess discord finally solves the bot problem? Not long ago they have added something that requires you to agree to server rules before you can post anything, but bots got around that as well.

• I also farmed my dull claws at midnight jackaleopardites, The green blobs in the area drop element dust/fragments which you also don't find much elsewhere so it's a good spot. You might be just getting unlucky :( As for other mobs - they might really have a tiny drop chance for dull claws, and much higher for soft fur. I can't check though because I don't have a nice viewer for monster drops and pwdatabase.com shows data from latest PW which is much different (every mob on the world map is lv. >= 20)

The best way to use PW Database to check drops is to press the flag all the way over to the right where it says Server at the top of the page.

• I was unlucky as hell aswell..You are not the only one but yea the jackaleopardites droped them at highest chance as the rest of the mobs for me. You can ask LAni how much i cried about the dull claws.

• after spending 2.5 hours on quests and grinding these mobs - Undine Supreme (17.4265%), Sapphire Planeshark (17.1464%), Sapphire Planeshark Don (17.4265%), Lupine Berserker (17.4265%) - over 200 kills and only 3 rough fur! I must be doing something wrong! maybe I will try farming silk thread and concentrated glue and exchange them but a 3 (glue/thread) for 1 (fur) SUCKS!

• The heartless wolves, and Treeline wolves at the mines at west archosaur outskirts are good for rough fur. Lower drop rate chance but easy to kill and quick respawn means you can get quiet a lot in a short amount of time.

• i'd suggest you rather go hunt the easyest killabe target (for you) that has average drop rates of the mat you want, for example..
    i needed cotton thread and animal furs to raise my tailor, a while ago, so i went back to good old etherblade zone and hunted the green skeletons and wolfings
    (both around lv 10, and me being lv 30), and since i killed them on 1 hit, they went by fast (their respawn rate is fast too so i wouldnt run out of them).
    After almost an hour of grinding i got back to my crafting with at least 35 animal furs and like 25 cotton threads, great success! xD

Edited once, last by sparks1070: typos... lol ().

• Thanks for the reply spartk1070, but as the OP states I had quests for those mobs, well some of them, that is how I easily tracked the kills, and they were supposed to have a high(ish) drop rate for the posted mat, rough fur. The post wasn't whining about not getting rough fur, it should have brought to your attention, and the mods, that the drop rate is, as you stated, altered by char level that is why you went back to -20 level mobs to get mats. so when I am level 70 maybe I will get level 50 mats for crafting!

Which means I am stuck in crap gear until the toon grossly out levels it because I can't get the mats to increase tailor, craftsman and blacksmithing! I have kind of decided my toon is stuck at level 3 for all crafting since I have the advanced apothecary book, (from dreamweaver port apoth NPC), the skill bar is at 100% at all apothecaries I visit, my char level is above 60 (should be eligible at level 50), but the elder says skill is only 30/45...... so I can't learn level 4 apoth - even after manufacturing 50+ level 3 apoth items (with the skill bar at 100%)! unless there is a quest - which i don't have - to take a specific apothecary a certain number of mats! But i couldn't find a reference to a quest on the pwi wiki - other than getting the book.

• There's no level penalty to drops - we have removed it. So mobs have the same drop chances regardless of your level.

As for apoth - if the progress bar doesn't go up there's definitely something else to do. A quest from Archo Elder perhaps?

• thank you laniari, as i posted I HAVE THE BOOK, if there is another part to the quest, as asked previously, it is not in my quest list and i can find no mention of it on here nor the pwi wiki. as beta suggested i will check the elder of arch, and maybe lost, as well as the apoths for a quest for materials i am almost certain there should be an apoth waiting for herbs. I will check that out soon been busy with DQ for herc haha

• I have learned the apo lv 4. All what i needed was the book. I bought both of them bcs iam lazy to go there 2 times. And yea i think the elder give u a q to go visit the npc with the books and then u can learn it.

• yes that is the info I found also - i got the message, at level 50 -

1) talked to elder in arch,

2) went to dreamweaver port and talked to herb gardener and got the book.

3) created level 3 apoth pots until skill bar reached 100%.

4) When I talk to the elder of arch, to learn crafting skill apothecary, it says the level is only 30/45 and won't let me learn this skill - with the skill book in my inventory.

• Make sure you actually talked to him and not just grabbed the book....I've grabbed book myself before only to realize after trying to learn that I forgot to actually talk to him. That is literally the only thing you have to do.

• hhhhmmmm.... might have to go back and check that.

edit: I went back to the guy by dreamweaver and checked his "goods" he had a level IV book so i bought another one and the first one disappeared I wonder if i got it during a glitch ( i blame my system :( ) or a server roll or something. anyway i was able to learn level 4 apoth. thanks

Edited once, last by aeerg ().

• Anyone else having issues with not getting vote points or having them removed after voting? I was able to "vote now" on gtop100 this evening and it removed 20 vote points! I had 1980 before I voted and 1960 after! WTF!!! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: I should have had 2000 vote points by this evening for the arcane book: pet I will be tracking vote points FAR more closely now!